Monday, December 7, 2009

Seoul Pics 3 - Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty

When we were in Seoul, I decided to go jogging. So, I went to a park that was near the hotel. I just thought it was a park, like TY Park. It turns out that it was a collection of very old, royal tombs. Unfortunately, I lost the brochure that the ticket lady gave to me so, I have no idea which members of the royal family are buried there. All I remember was a king and a queen from the 11th century were buried there.

A building in the park.


A second building


A third building (I really wish I knew the names of these buildings)


One of the tomb areas. There were three in the park and they all looked the same.


A statue in the tomb area


A second statue


More statues. It's funny how these hundreds of years old statutes are next to apartment buildings and high rises.


For my fellow Floridians: A picture of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment