Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Korean Pancakes

Yesterday, I made my first Korean food ever. I made hoddeok. Hoddeok is a sweet, stuffed pancake. It's really good. Before you get excited, I should mention that I used a mix. However, the mix I used had instructions entirely in Korean. So, I had to use my awesome Hangul reading skills, a dictionary, and have a middle school girl translate the list of ingredients for me. (I found the girl shopping in the grocery store.)

Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures of my finished product so, I am using pics stolen from Google Images.

Enjoy!


Picture of the Box and the Pancakes.


The Steps to Make a Stuffed Pancake (I didn't do it nearly this neatly.)


Close Up of the Yummy, Gooey Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Filling

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. Is that a typical Korean breakfast? If so, now I know where McDonalds got their MrGriddle idea. But Jen, as you noted, I did not get excited about the fact you used a mix. :( Let's see some authentic Korean cooking. Although, I must confess I do feel fortunate that I will not be there to try your experiments. (Good luck Luiz!)

    ReplyDelete